Time schedules are used when you want automatic routes based on time for incoming calls. This is used when your office are defined (as example M-F 9am-5pm) and you can specify where to send your callers if callers reach you during ‘open hours’ or ‘closed hours’. These are also helpful for assign custom greetings and message during holidays automatically.
Creating new Schedules from the MyPBX Web Admin Portal.
- Log in to your web portal admin page.
- From the left navigation pane, click PBX Features to expand the list and then click Time Range Groups.
- From the actions bar at the top right of the page, click Add button with the green plus sign.
- Enter the Name of the schedule.
- Enter the Descriptive Name of the schedule that you can easily identify.
- Enter the Description for a more detailed explanation of the schedule you are creating.
- Click the Add __ Rows to add specific time ranges.
- Note: each row can contain a separate range. If creating a holiday group, each row can represent the date/time to be closed on.
- Enter your specific time range.
- At this point you may press Save from the bottom of the window.
- Alternatively you may customize the user further throughout the tabs along the top of the new extension window.
Linking your phone schedule to inbound routes
It is important to create your custom schedules before assigning your inbound routes, as the schedule is typically applied as the incoming time check of a phone number.
Please make sure that you are know your desired time schedule before starting to add a schedule. If you are unsure, please watch the video below for a sample schedule.