An IVR / Auto Attendant is the most commonly used method of routing inbound calls. The Auto Attendant is designed to greet your caller and present options / menus to help provide information and navigation prompts to your callers to help them best get the information they require or reach the person they are calling.
Creating new IVR from the MyPBX Web Admin Portal.
- Log in to your web portal admin page.
- From the left navigation pane, click PBX Features to expand the list and then click Auto Attendant / Voice Menus.
- From the actions bar at the top right of the page, click Create Voice Menu button with the green plus sign.
- Note: You are also able to modify existing menus by clicking the yellow pencil Edit button next to the specific menu.
- Enter the Name of the menu without any spaces or special characters.
- Enter the Description of the menu so you can easily identify it.
- Select the Announcement Recording from the What to play selection.
- If you have not already recorded an an announcement you can press Record New to either upload or record from a phone directly the new greeting.
- Enter destination based on the number entry from the table below.
- Once complete, press Save to store your menu in your system.
You can now create multiple and as many menus as you wish. When creating sub menus, it is best to create the sub menus first then link them into your top menus.
Before creating your IVR menus, it is important to have your audio script already written so it is easy to understand and determine where you want calls and menus routing to. It is also advised to have your greeting already recorded and uploaded into the Voice Prompts section.