A Hunt Group is a configurable feature that allows you to create unique call paths to ring users or multiple users in distinct ways such as one after another or all together. This is useful for ringing multiple phones at the same time, and setting up a destination if no phone is answered after a certain time period.
Creating new hunt group from the MyPBX Web Admin Portal.
- Log in to your web portal admin page.
- From the left navigation pane, click PBX Features to expand the list and then click Hunt Lists
- From the actions bar at the top right of the page, click Create Hunt List button with the green plus sign.
- Enter the Name of the hunt list.
- Enter the Description of the hunt list so you can identify it later.
- Click Add Extension Based Ring Group for the standard hunt list creation based on extensions.
- Note: Each time you click Add Extension Based Ring Group you can add another set of rules to ring based on a timeout before going to a fail over destination if no phone is answered.
- Select / add all or some extension you wish to ring concurrently in the first attempt.
- Enter a time (in seconds) to ring in the How Long to Ring field.
- Once you complete setting up your hunt groups select a script / optional destination to send your callers if no group / extension has answered your call.
- At this point you may press Save from the bottom of the window.
- Alternatively you may customize the user further throughout the tabs along the top of the new extension window.
Linking your hunt group to an inbound route
Once you have created your new hunt group you can link inbound routes directly to hunt groups or as an option from an Auto Attendant menu.
When accounting for timeouts, 5 seconds represents 1 ring. If you want to ring the hunt group from 4 rings, then you would enter 20 seconds as the timeout.