Custom recordings and greetings are used in various places within MyPBX portal. Most commonly recordings are used for Auto Attendant menu’s.
Creating new Recordings from the MyPBX Web Admin Portal.
- Log in to your web portal admin page.
- From the left navigation pane, click Media Files to expand the list and then click Voice Prompts.
- From the actions bar at the top right of the page, click Create Voice Prompt button with the green plus sign.
- You have to options of creating your voice prompt, either from a prerecorded greeting you wish to upload or more commonly used record from a phone / extension directly.
- To record from a phone, enter a name as reference in the File Name field.
- Select which phone you would like to record with.
- Press Start Recording and the selected phone with ring and prompt you to record this message.
- When complete, the window will automatically close and display a list of all recordings including the newly recorded prompt.
Linking your recording to an Auto Attendant / IVR
Once your recording has been saved, follow the Setting up IVR / Auto Attendant guide to configure and link your new recording to a menu.
It is important to have a written script of your recording before proceeding to recording to help ensure the desired greeting is captured.